Friday, August 21, 2009

Here's whats going on.

Its been a while since I have made a post. That's because I haven't been really doing a whole lot with pottery lately. My Fiance has a job interview in Chicago in a week or so, so I have been slowing down production just in case we get a call saying we have to pack our stuff up and head out. Besides posting on blogger I spent most of the morning cleaning up the studio and re-organizing my ware rack so that I am able to get more pots store more pots. My electric kiln that I have isn't working as we speak so I am not able to glaze fire or even bisque fire for that matter. That makes things difficult because I am stuck with all of these really fragile pieces of pottery that I cant store anywhere else but the ware rack....

Recently I posted some videos on YouTube of some different pots that I threw yesterday. If you are interested the links are...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JId3gEp2hiE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VCziJY5OhU&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF7QeQ3Dpoo&feature=channel

Let me know what you think. I am planning on making some more video once I get some clay made. I just received an order of about 2000 lbs. of dry clay, but as I mentioned earlier I might not be in this exact spot in a month or so. If anyone in blogger world is in Peoria, IL this weekend I am having another pottery sale so you should stop by. I have mostly the same stuff as my last sale seeing as I haven't had a chance to fire anything new. I am also going to be in two up coming arts and craft shows around the area so hopefully I can get rid of some of my inventory so I can start really throwing again.

Sheridan

No comments:

Post a Comment