Friday, August 21, 2009

Random Pics...

Here are some random pictures of pots I have made over the past couple of weeks.

This double bellied pot is going to be a lamp... Hopefully.




















I just made this vase today. I threw the base first using 7.5 lbs. of clay and then I added the neck which was about 2 lbs. of clay.
















I also threw this pitcher today. My pots seem to be getting a little more belly than I am used to having. The reason for this, I think, is that the way I mixed the clay up this time around made it really plastic. I made a test batch of about 20 lbs in a 5 gallon bucket and mixed it to a slurry. I then dumped the bucket into a trough and let it air dry for about a week.
















I fired this test kiln about 2 weeks ago and got it up to cone 7. I only had about 30 lbs. of propane so I knew I wouldn't get all the way to cone 10 but I thought I would give it a shot anyway.
















Here is a picture of the ware rack after I organized it today. It doesn't look like there are many pots here but on the top shelf almost every pot is stacked in twos or threes.


No comments:

Post a Comment